This U.S. Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain about consumers through the Sites, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the information. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information We Obtain About You
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the products and services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
• Contact information, such as your name, email and postal address, and telephone number;
• account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access the Sites;
• payment information, such as name, billing and delivery address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by us and by our third-party payment processor and which we transmit to certain other third parties, including companies that evaluate fraud and fraudulent transactions;
• geolocation information (on our app), and other general location information;
• online order history;
• in connection with our careers pages, information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you may apply; and
• other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools (such as the live chat feature) on our Sites.
Through the Sites and in our stores, you may apply for financing or other methods of paying for your Rooms To Go purchase. These financing options and other payment methods are provided by third parties, which have separate privacy policies that govern the use of personal information collected by them.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
When you interact with our products and services, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services; (3) tailor the Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) provide customer support, and (6) otherwise manage and enhance our Sites.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use and enjoy all of the features of our Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• Provide our products and services (including delivery) to you;
• provide technical support;
• establish and manage your account and profile;
• process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
• notify you about contests and promotional events, administer your participation in these contests and events, and notify you in the event you are a winner;
• administer your participation in surveys and market research;
• personalize your experience with our Sites;
• communicate with you and provide customer support;
• send you offers or other marketing or promotional materials on behalf of Toxxel.com;
• perform analytics (including market and consumer research, trend analysis and financial analysis);
• operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
• contact you to conduct surveys or market or advertise to you;
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate use of our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information we collect about you except as described in this U.S. Online Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with our (1) affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as order fulfillment and delivery, fraud prevention, marketing and payment card processing and other service providers that provide financing for Rooms To Go purchases. In addition, we may share information we collect on our Sites about you with other third parties for those parties’ own purposes.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, stop receiving emails, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this U.S. Online Privacy Notice.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
Our Sites may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or Instagram buttons). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Toxxel Technology LLC is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Children’s Personal Information
The Sites are directed toward a general audience and is not directed to children under 13 years of age. Toxxel Technology LLC does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 obtained through the Sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this U.S. Online Privacy Notice.
Updates to Our U.S. Online Privacy Notice
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our Sites to notify you of significant changes to our U.S. Online Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this U.S. Online Privacy Notice, you may fill our contact form at http://www.toxxel.com/contact/ or call us +1-(305)-998-5780. You may also write to us at:
Toxxel Technology LLC.
801 Three Islands Blvd. 112
Hallandale FL 33009